We are currently offering online Private Yoga and Meditation sessions. If you are interested in setting up a private session or would like to have one of our instructors come to your office, organization, or school for yoga or meditation sessions please call 330-568-4747.
Branches of Yoga
Yoga has been around for thousands of years. The basis of most yoga styles taught today is Hatha yoga. The word “yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj” which means “union.” Union occurs between: the mind (meditation), the body (poses or asanas), and the life force (breath control or “pranayama”). Through this union, people are able to fortify themselves to better sustain their health and thrive while living in a stressful world. There are 8 Branches of yoga:
- Bhakti Yoga, the Yoga of devotion
- Japa Yoga, the Yoga of mantra
- Laya Yoga (Kundalini Yoga), the Yoga of awareness
- Jnâna-Yoga, the Yoga of wisdom/ knowledge
- Râja-Yoga, the Yoga of meditation
- Hatha-Yoga, the Yoga of physical processes
- Karma-Yoga, the Yoga of service or action
- Tantra Yoga, the Yoga of ritual and energy
At Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, we teach many forms of yoga and we encourage our students to explore all of the branches of yoga to bring about a more grounded, balanced, and more joyful life!
Meditation, or Râja-Yoga, is clearing the mind. This can be done through many different techniques, but the one that works best… is the one that you do regularly! At Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, we teach a wide variety of meditation styles to help you determine which method is best suited to your goals, your lifestyle, and your desires. Although many religions use meditation, meditation itself is non-denominational. We offer many styles of meditation to help students determine which style will work best in their life (with their schedules, goals, and beliefs). Here are just a few examples of mediation styles:
- Silent (eyes closed, gazing),
- Sound (drumming, chanting, toning, mantra, rosary, prayer, mala),
- Body Scan (yoga nidra, seated, standing, reclined),
- Guided Visualization,
- Movement (walking, running, swimming, dancing, labyrinth, Thai Chi, Chi Gong, Yoga, cooking, gardening),
- Breath counting,
- Mandala drawing, and much more!
At Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, we can help you discover a mediation style that will help quiet the chatter of your “monkey mind,” so you enjoy incorporating meditation into your everyday life! If you are interested in learning more about the Meditation, please call 330-568-4747
Benefits of Yoga & Meditation
Yoga and meditation can have wonderful benefits for body, mind, and spirit, including:
- Stress Relief
- Pain Relief
- Improve Breathing
- Weight Management
- Improves Wellness
The poses, or asanas, of Hatha Yoga are movements with intention that:
- Stretch and strengthen the body, promote emotional release (quiets the mind releasing stress & tension), & stimulate the proper function of organs and glands throughout the body. In this way, when you show up for meditation, the body does not distract the mind and deep relaxation is possible where healing may occur on many levels.
- Increase circulation (blood supply, oxygen, and nutrition) to muscles, tendons, and vital organs;
- Stimulate lymph circulation, hastening the elimination of metabolic wastes and promoting a healthy immune system;
- Improve muscle tone and strength;
- Improves breathing, balancing the sympathetic nervous system (responsible for “fight or flight” response) and the parasympathetic (opposite response to “fight or flight”);
- Increase flexibility and mobility of the joints;
- Improve body alignment and posture;
- Improve coordination and balance;
- Encourage deeper and more restful sleep cycles;
- Stimulate the production of endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller; and
- Relieves pain and decreases the need for medication.
If you are interested in learning more about the Benefits of Yoga & Meditation, please call 330-568-4747
Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, LLC (formerly Key 2 Joy Hypnosis & Yoga) is proud to be affiliated with the following organizations:
Yoga Etiquette & FAQs
Many people new to yoga have questions about what is appropriate when attending a yoga class or what they can expect, so here are some tips on yoga etiquette and answers to our most frequently asked questions (FAQs). For new students, Yoga may seem intimidating, but, at Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness in Hubbard, OH, we are here to help you enjoy your experience of Yoga and encourage you to make Yoga a part of your everyday life!
- What to wear: Wear something comfortable that allows you to move and bend. Loose fitting and comfortable clothing is suggested. Try to avoid wearing anything that may make a lot of noise as you move from pose to pose, or which is too big to allow you to move without tripping. Also, please refrain from wearing strong fragrances/ colognes, as others may have allergies.
- Timeliness: Whenever possible, please have your yoga mat and props ready, have used the restroom, ensure your computer and your online connection are ready, and that you are in a space where you will be undisturbed for your session. If a disruption occurs, use it as a tool to help you deepen your practice, rather than becoming disturbed. Life continues to happen even though you took time for yourself, so relax and enjoy.
- Electronic devices: Please turn off your phone. This allows you to “check out” of the outside for a little while. If you are on-call and are required to have your phone on you, please inform your instructor and set it to vibrate. If you receive a call, quietly excuse yourself to take the call outside and return if possible. If you receive more than one call, you may need to leave the session to allow the yoga space to be relaxing and meditative for everyone.
- Attitudes & Friendliness: Everyone knows what it’s like to start out. We are friendly and we want you to feel at ease.
- Questions, discussion during class and noise: In general, everyone will say hello and greet each other as you come in or as you leave. Please keep your voices soft and try to quietly set up your props (without rolling out yoga mats with a “snap” or dropping blocks or props), as we want to maintain a quiet meditative feeling for all of our clients. During your session, we request chatting be kept to a minimum. If you have a question, we have an intimate setting; you can ask the instructor without being embarrassed. Sometimes you may giggle or find something funny, and that’s okay. We just ask that you maintain a meditative environment for everyone and have fun while you do it!
- Children in Class: We offer mixed level sessions and children are welcome as long as they can follow basic instructions and remain relatively quiet. If your child is under 10, we ask that an adult accompany them during the session. If you are unsure if your child will be able to participate, give us a call. We would be happy to offer a FREE half hour consultation to determine if your child will do well in our sessions. With children, some days are better than others, and, if your child is having a tough day, you can quietly excuse yourself and try another day. Remember, it’s a practice (even for children) and every day is a new opportunity. We want to maintain a peaceful, pleasant experience for your child and for our other students as well. Upon request with sufficient interest, we offer Kids Yoga exclusively for children. If you know of others interested in Kids Yoga, please contact us at 330-568-4747 to discuss setting up a short series for your group.
- What is Shavasana and is it important? At the end of every yoga sessions at Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, you will get the opportunity to practice Shavasana or meditation in corpse pose (also, spelled Savasana or Shivasana). In this pose, you lie on your back (sometimes with props, sometimes without) and move through transcending states of consciousness. This is not sleep, but it is deeply restful, and I have heard it said many times, “This is what you come to yoga for!” Poses activate the body so that when you come to this final meditation, the body is less of a distraction, you are better able to witness energy flows of the body, and achieve a deeper state of meditation. You remain alert, yet deeply relaxed. This is an integral part to every yoga session at Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness. You should plan to stay through the end of Shavasana. If for some reason you need to leave early, please inform your instructor prior to your session so they may position you so as not to disrupt other students; however, we consider it to be an integral part of every session.
- Injuries and physical restrictions: If you have an injury or a physical restriction, please be sure to have the approval of your doctor before attempting to practice yoga or any physical activity. If your doctor clears you to practice, please be sure to speak with your instructor prior to your session to ensure they are aware of your special needs and can make the appropriate modifications, as appropriate and possible.
- What is “mixed level” yoga? All of our sessions are “mixed level.” This means the instructor will give you modifications to make poses more accessible for beginners and for more advanced students. You are sure to find options that encourage your personal development (body, mind, and spirit).
- What if I don’t know what to do? We offer gentle verbal guidance and demonstrations throughout the session to help you determine the correct way to move into, hold, and move out of a pose. Remember that only you know how something feels in your body. It is your responsibility to take exquisite care of yourself to prevent injury. This means asking for assistance or modification if something feels uncomfortable and knowing when you need to take a moment in a simple pose (like child’s pose) in order to give yourself a chance to relax, regroup, and prevent injury.
- What if I’m not that flexible? Yoga is a great way to increase flexibility! There are hundreds of poses and variations and at Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness we help you modify poses to your level of flexibility, strength, range of motion, and so on. We often use props, blocks, bolsters, or chairs to assist you in getting the most out of each pose. It’s about allowing your body to show up where it is and getting the most out of each pose, whatever your flexibility, age, body type, or physical challenges. Let go of judgment and expectations about what a pose “should” look like and simply see where your body shows up each day. As you continue with regular practice you will find that your flexibility will increase and that your body and mind will both become much more open and flexible. Come and learn how to get started enjoying the benefits of yoga!
- I’m pregnant. Can I still do yoga? As long as your doctor has cleared you, you can participate in most of our sessions. Be sure to let the instructor know before the start of your session, so they can give you modifications and let you know of any poses or breath techniques to avoid and which ones may be a tremendous help to you throughout your pregnancy and during birth. Our experience has been that mothers who participate in yoga during pregnancy have a more comfortable pregnancy and labor and their babies tend to be calmer and adjust more rapidly to a regular schedule.
- What forms of payment are accepted? For online sessions we accept Venmo, Paypal, or credit/debit card payments. For in person sessions, checks can be made out to Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness.
If you still have a question or are interested in learning more about Yoga and Meditation at Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness, please call 330-568-4747
DISCLAIMER: TESTIMONIALS ARE THE UNIQUE EXPERIENCE OF THE INDIVIDUAL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. RESULTS SHOWN ARE NOT TYPICAL. SUCCESS IS DEPENDENT ON MANY VARIABLES, INCLUDING THE CLIENT’S ATTITUDE, FOLLOW-THROUGH, ADHERENCE TO THE PROGRAM, PERSONAL HEALTH AND HISTORY. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE BEGINNING ANY PROGRAM.
Ohio Valley Hypnosis & Wellness serves Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. Proudly serving these and surrounding communities: Hubbard, Youngstown, Wheatland, Girard, Masury, Brookfield, Farrell, Campbell, Sharon, New Bedford, Vienna, West Middlesex, McDonald, Lowellville, Villa Maria, Pulaski, Struthers, Niles, Hermitage, Hartford, Warren, Mineral Ridge, Clark, Fowler, Burghill, Edinburg, Sharpsville, Hillsville, Orangeville, New Wilmington, Transfer, New Middletown, Canfield, Cortland, Bessemer, New Castle, North Lima, North Jackson, New Springfield, Petersburg, Ellsworth, Leavittsburg, Mercer, Kinsman, Farmdale, Greenford, Volant, Greenville, Fredonia, Enon Valley, Columbiana, West Pittsburg, Newton Falls, Berlin Center, Lake Milton, Bristolville, Washingtonville, Southington, New Waterford, East Palestine, Diamond, North Bloomfield, New Galilee, Salem, Leetonia, Wampum, Jamestown, Adamsville, West Farmington, Williamsfield, Wayland, Jackson Center, Windham, Deerfield, Clarks Mills, North Benton, Grove City, Rogers, Damascus, Koppel, Ellwood City, Hadley, Garrettsville, Sheakleyville, Orwell, Stoneboro, Darlington, Beloit, Portersville, Mesopotamia, Negley, Hartstown, Slippery Rock, Sebring, Winona, Parkman, Elkton, Atlantic, Sandy Lake, Beaver Falls, Middlefield, North Georgetown, Forestville, Ravenna, Rootstown. Proudly serving these and surrounding counties: Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, Portage, Ashtabula, and Geauga Counties in Ohio and Mercer, Lawrence, Beaver, Crawford, and Butler Counties in Pennsylvania.
FREE HYPNOSIS SCREENING!
Call Today For Your Free Hypnosis Screening!
Newsletter Sign Up
Want to stay up to date?
Use this form to sign up for our newsletter.