Win a Yoga & Wellness Center!
Applications are due by September 19, 2016.
Note: Please limit all inquiries regarding this contest TO EMAIL ONLY at email@example.com.
Have you ever dreamed of owning and operating a Yoga and Wellness Center? Well, here is your chance! Key 2 Joy, a Yoga and Wellness Center located in the Capital District of upstate New York is for sale. The owner has decided to run an essay contest to fulfill someone else’s dream of owning and operating a center in this wonderful community! The winner will receive:
- yoga equipment (blankets, mats, bolsters, back jacks, tables, chairs, etc.) and furniture valued at over $10,000,
- 6 months of paid rent in the current location valued at over $9,900, and
- a mailing list with over 2,200 subscribers, valued at $1,000.
Total Approximate Retail Value of over $20,900!
The studio is located in the newly renovated Shaker Pine Plaza. The plaza, owned by Shaker Pine Inc. (a Rosetti Company), was completely renovated in 2015 including a new facade, roof, energy efficient windows and doors, parking lot, exterior lighting, lighted exterior signage, and an HVAC system. A new electronic monument street sign, viewed by over 20,000 cars a day, was installed for the plaza for advertising messages (available at a very reasonable additional monthly rate). The 1,300 square foot interior space (with new carpet throughout) was renovated only 6 years ago when the studio opened. The space has:
- Handicap accessibility from both the front and rear entrances,
- Ample parking both in front and behind the building,
- Covered front and rear entrances,
- A rear waiting area for private clients and a front desk waiting area for classes, workshops, and registration,
- A large handicap accessible restroom,
- A small kitchenette,
- Two 9 x 11 ft. treatment rooms,
- West-facing 24 x 27 room with large, beautiful windows to let in natural light, with a 5 x 8 ft. closet for yoga equipment, and 16 x 8 ft. lobby,
- A small utility cabinet and closet.
Please note: the space is not currently equipped for the needs of hot yoga.
Key 2 Joy has been a valued part of the Capital Region wellness community since 2010 and has hosted two Kirtan Festivals; holds regular yoga, meditation, and qigong classes; conducts a wide variety of health and wellness, spiritual, and personal development classes; and offers an assortment of private therapeutic sessions (massage, hypnosis, energy work, etc.). Shannon Keyes Ciucevich, owner of Key 2 Joy, has enjoyed 6 years of serving her community and is now being called to serve her family in Ohio. It is after many months of thought, prayer, and deliberation that she has decided to move to Ohio to be closer to her mother Bonnie Keyes. In 2015, Bonnie was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. After surgery and 8 rounds of chemo, the cancer returned in the spring of 2016 and she was diagnosed as stage IV. Shannon is selling the wellness center to return to Ohio to spend time with and to assist her mother. Bonnie is a 76-year-old Army veteran who still continues to work full time as a dental assistant (a career she has loved for over 50 years) while she is again receiving chemotherapy. A widow since 2012, when her husband of 47 years, Bill Keyes, passed away after a long protracted illness, the result of a massive brain stem stroke that left him incapacitated. Bonnie devotedly cared for him for those 14 years while continuing to work full time. As her illness progresses, it is with a heavy heart that Bonnie has been forced to consider selling the family farm (a Civil War era home that has been home to 4 generations of the Keyes family) in order to move to a handicap accessible property and retire. By entering this competition, you can
- follow your dream of owning and operating a wellness center,
- maintain this center as an oasis to the community, and
- help Shannon assist her mother Bonnie as she battles cancer.
This is a true win – win – win!
The winner of the essay contest will be someone who will care for the clients and the space as much as Shannon and the practioners of Key 2 Joy have. Someone who is interested in sharing their unique talents, following their dreams, and helping to provide a space where people can continue to gather to find peace, personal growth and development, community, and “unlock the joy” within themselves! Here is a bit of advice on the essays: be straightforward and honest, pay attention to grammar, focus on your intent, your content, and specifically what owning and operating a yoga & wellness center would mean to you. You can’t win if you don’t enter! Don’t delay, enter today!
- MEDIA ALERT- Key 2 Joy Wellness Center Essay Contest- TUESDAY JULY 19 2016
- Wellness Center Contest Application
- Official Contest Rules
- Studio Photos
- Key 2 Joy REMAINS OPEN FOR BUSINESS DURING UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER 2016 TO EXISTING AND NEW CLIENTS,
- Classes, workshops, and appointments will continue as scheduled,
- Shannon Keyes Ciucevich will continue to see both existing and new clients in person through the end of September 2016 and via Skype or via occasional return visits (whenever possible) after September 2016,
- Any hypnosis service guarantees will be honored in this manner. Please utilize your remaining prepaid classes before the end of September (as the new owner is not required to honor them),
- After the contest, Shannon may be reached via phone or text at the same studio phone number, and
- The practitioners at Key 2 Joy have the individual option of continuing to teach through the end of December 2016 and will hopefully continue on with the new owner for many years to come.
On a personal note:
To all of my dear clients, practitioners, and friends,
I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the honor of serving you over the last 6 years at Key 2 Joy. It has been the most amazing, rewarding, and life changing experience for me! I have seen over 3,500 clients and been able to share in births, deaths, weddings, 2 incredible Kirtan festivals, life transformations, “ah-ha” moments, breakthroughs, laughter, tears, and so much more. I know that just as many of you “hear my words in your head” or ask yourself “what would Shannon say?” that I take all of you with me in my heart and mind as well!! These friendships that I have formed with you over these last 6 years are incredibly precious to me. I opened the studio to fulfill my dream of serving others, and you all have changed and improved my life in so many ways that “thank you” seems inadequate, but it is still such a profound expression of my gratitude and love for YOU ALL!!!
As many of you know, the last few years have been marked with the loss of my father, my husband David’s father, his mother, and most recently the loss of my cousin (who was like a big brother to me). Family is so precious and time moves so quickly. I want to enjoy the physical time I have left with my mother and assist her in any way I can. Whether this means improving her quality of life through the skills I have learned over the years or whether it simply means holding her hand, she yet again continues to show me the true meaning of bravery and grace as she moves through her life journey with cancer. It is from her that I learned how to work hard, to serve others, to be kind, and above all to laugh and enjoy life.
This is not the end of our journey together. I wish you all love, joy, peace, health, and laughter! I look forward to continuing to serve you in new ways and I ask for your continued prayers for my mother as I pray for the health, safety, and joy of all of you! Good luck, thank you, and Namaste!
Shannon Keyes Ciucevich
Founder and Owner of Key 2 Joy, A Wellness Community Center
Free Hypnosis Screening!
Call Today For Your Free Hypnosis Screening!